Welcome to the Association for Computer Studies Educators website! To join the ACSE email list, please fill in the form found here.
To those of you helping with the editing of this website, please refer to the Policy page
before making any edits. To edit these pages, you must be a member of the ACSE mail list and logged into your Google account.
Old conference information and resources can be found here.
Financial Literacy Resources
Looking for financial literacy resources for your Computer Studies class? Check out the new "living document" we've prepared for you!
Computer Technology Numeracy Terms
A Google Doc containing numeracy terms related to Computer Technology is available for all members of the ACSE mail list to edit. Click here to access this document.
Who We Are
The Association for Computer Studies Education (ACSE) is a non-profit province-wide professional association dedicated to supporting Computer Studies and Computer Technology education in Ontario. Our mandate is to provide multi-faceted support for educators and students by:
- providing a unified voice for Computer Studies and Computer Technology teachers;
- improving information sharing across the secondary level;
- facilitating dialogue with colleges and universities;
- facilitating dialogue with business and industry;
- creating new opportunities for teacher training; and
- supporting the development of teaching resources.
ACSE supports teachers through the provision of conferences, summer institutes, and on-line resources. ASCE also interacts with organizations such as the Ministry of Education and the Ontario College of Teachers on key issues such as:
- teacher certification;
- opportunities for in-service and upgrading;
- resource allocation; and
- the development of curriculum resources.
ACSE is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that draws its membership from Computer Studies and Computer Technology educators, encompassing high schools, colleges, and universities.
Becoming a member of ACSE is free -- just fill in this form
and we will send you an invitation. Fees are charged for the annual conference only.